Oracle CP uniquely combines the power of enterprise wide, fully integrated technology, applications, and business intelligence with industry specific business process solutions, tailored for Consumer Products to:
- Improve Global Trade Management and Financial Accountability
- Enable Collaborative Supply Chain Execution
Information Driven Enterprise:
- Maintain a single source of the truth in a fully integrated environment enabling full visibility across the entire value chain.
- Automate business processes across manufacturing, supply chain and customer management for greater efficiency and effectiveness
- Consolidate information and integrated applications to ensure lower TCO
A dominant position in core technology with 100 percent of the top 25 CPG companies using Oracle 8i or 9i database. A strong player in BI with P&G and ConAgra utilizing analytical capabilities. Weak applications penetratio in top CP tier. Significantly more traction in Tier II and Tier III accounts. Oracle’s footprint has grown to where it provides most of the key functionality needed by the industry encompassing Trade Management, Supply Chain Planning and Discrete Manufacturing. Oracle’s dominance in database is a viable platform for growing collaboration suite business. Key challenge is the presence and emphasis by our suite competitors (SAP) and functional competitors (Manugistics, Siebel) in the consumer space.
We position ourselves around three key industry pain points:
- Improve shareholder value by improving effectiveness and efficiency in trade spending,
- Generate top line growth by improving the supply chain resulting in reduced out of stock,
- New and enhanced concerns around Retailer and Government Compliance (eg. Wal*Mart RFID)
Oracle’s suite encompasses business solutions for managing trade spend and promotions. APS enables manufacturers to work with both their upstream and downstream trading partners to ensure that the right product is made at the right time, shipped to the right place and at the right cost. Oracle Discrete Manufacturing provides a powerful solution that integrates key processes with the capability to adhere to compliance and accountability reporting.
We also focus on helping CIO’s reduce there IT cost and provide more reliable and powerful solutions:
- Leveraging Oracle’s database dominance to demonstrate the position the security and reliability aspects of RAC
- Integrating industry standards (UCCnet) into middle tier technology to enable seamless integration between trading partners.
- Demonstrate the TCO opportunities with Oracle’s pre-integrated, out of the box solutions
Improve Global Trade Management and Financial Accountability
- Complete business flow across from Campaign to Compensation providing business management a holistic view of the business
- On-going view into the campaign and the ability to take almost real time remedial action
- Ability to drive trade cost reduction by improving the trade reconciliation process
- Pre-integration out of the box with TFM, financials, order management, pricing
- Align funds expenditures with sales and customer model
- Control costs by constant monitoring of expenditures enabling quick realignment
- Reduced expenditures by more effective settlement processes
- Provide full integration across the Revenue Management Process
Establish Adaptive, Collaborative Supply Chains
- Top line growth by meeting consumer demand at the shelf
- Improved manufacturing costs by Aligning the demand and supply side of your business
- Improved supplier relationships and execution
- Closer alignment to customers