The wholesale/distribution industry is in a need for change. The course is evolving to:
- Integrated channels including self – service ordering
- Demand driven execution for improved availability
- Sensor based material handling and inventory management
- Operational flexibility via configurable processes
- Aggregated sourcing from rationalized supply base
Oracle E-Business Suite is tailored for the wholesale/distribution industry.
Oracle’s solutions enable you to:
- Plan and procure for best value: Collaborative sales and operations with global order promising, end-to-end procurement workflow with integrated sourcing and supplier management
- Optimize storage and streamline movement of goods –Comprehensive logistics solution including cross docking, directed picking and put away, RFID transactions, and transportation management.
- Attract and retain target customers – Integrated sales productivity, order management and service capabilities built on single, global view of customer information
- Maximize product and customer profitability – Accurate profitability modeling including the ability to segment, drilldown, and analyze costs and revenue
With a common data model, which enables a single source of the truth, Oracle EBS applications are designed to work together. Companies may decide to deploy modules, all based on their own internal business flows. The Oracle E-Business Suite applications spans planning and procurement; logistics and inventory management; marketing, sales and service; and provides analysis tools, all built on Oracle’s scalable information architecture.
Oracle’s Information Architecture consolidates all organizational information in one database for a clear and accurate picture of every customer, every product and service, and every transaction.
With Oracle’s Information Architecture, companies can get information -- about their business and their business systems -- on demand, and know that it is accurate and up to date.